Alex started the webinar by saying:
To make money on the internet you need to have 2 things:
Traffic and Your Offer
Traffic brings people IN and you then send them OUT to your offer.
THE FIRST THING YOU NEED TO DO IS TO BUILD A MARKETING CAMPAIGN.
WHAT IS NEEDED FOR THIS CAMPAIGN:
1. Value – you must give value to your prospects as if you don’t they will not become your customers.
2. A Squeeze Page – this is to capture their Name and Email Address. Whilst you can ask for their home address, home telephone, mobile/cell phone number etc. these are not needed and may put some people off from giving you their name and email address.
3. A Follow-up campaign – set up in your autoresponder to automatically send out at your preset intervals.
4. Traffic – without driving traffic to your Squeeze page you will not get any signups at all.
5. Upsells/Downsells – when someone signs up for your initial FREE offer you then offer them an upsell or One Time Offer for a related product. I would advise you to only offer 1 upsell followed by 1 downsell as if you show a number of these you may cause them to immediately unsubscribe after they get your initial offer.
6. A Continuity Program – this can go out in a subsequent email to all those who have signed up for your initial offer and can have a number of levels with different values for each.
7. Integration Marketing – this is where you mix and match your offers with other marketers offers. I.e. you send other marketers offers to your list and they send your offer to their lists.
GETTING TRAFFIC – THREE TYPES
- Fast Traffic
- Organic Traffic
- Leverage Traffic
Alex listed the following free methods for getting fast traffic:
- Blogging – set up a blog and make your first post be real, tell it like it is for you at present do not inflate yourself with untrue statements. People can look back in the future and see the progress you have made since you started as long as you tell them how you are doing in future posts.
- Oil rig hopping – this is Alex’s term for visiting other relevant blogs and leaving valueable comments on them. A comment that just says “Great post I will be back for more” is not of value to the blog owner and may not even be published.
- Forums – You should visit forums in your niche and again leave valueable comments or posts there. Do not try to sell from the word go as you may be banned from the forum for being a possible spammer. You can have links in your Bio box to your site / sales page but your main reason for being there is to offer value.
- Hustle – I’m not 100% sure of what Alex meant by this but I think it means keep on blogging, Oil rig hopping and visiting forums as over time you will get more and more people following your links.
You will get Organic Traffic from Article Marketing, Press Releases and Blogging.
This comes from JV Giveaways, Joint Ventures and Your Affiliates.
I have a post on this blog about JV Giveaways along with a page listing some current and coming Giveaways and I will do seperate posts on Article Marketing, Press Releases, Joint Ventures and Affiliates over the next few weeks.
- Free Offer
- Low ticket Upsell
- Continuity Program
- High Ticket Course
The first thing is to concentrate on your Free Offer and make it worthwile for people to sign up for.
THE SALES FUNNEL
- Starts with a free offer giving massive value and generates leads and interest.
- People sign up and are sent to the Stop page (Download Page). On this page you should do some integration marketing by offering free bonuses from other marketers which are relevant to your offer, before they get the downlink for your offer.
- Your thankyou page should also have these or different bonuses on them.
EMAIL FOLLOW UPS
You should have a series of follow up emails in your autoresponder offering your own and other marketers products and use super affiliate marketing tactics to increase your sales from these emails.
IN HOUSE LAUNCH FOR YOUR OWN PRODUCT
- Building is not marketing
- Anytime you are not marketing you are not making money
- You don’t make money building sites
Alex says “It doesn’t matter what it looks like just get it out there and you can change it later” the longer you take building your site to get it perfect the less money it will make you.
STAGES OF INTERNET MARKETING
- Learning – a full marketing campaign is essential to getting it right.
- Building – a site, a list and a sales funnel
- Running – know your numbers for traffic, mailing lists, opt-in rate and sales. Use traffic generation methods to increase these numbers
- Leverage – other peoples traffic and offers through the methods mentioned earlier in this post.