Tuesday, 22 December 2015

Why Should YOU Write Ebooks? – Part 1 Overview Part 1

hope in this and my following series of posts to explain the ins and outs of writing ebooks and why they should be an important part of your online marketing business.  These posts will appear twice per week and if you follow them all you will have the information you need to enable you to write your own ebooks on any topic you choose.
Some things you have to think about are:
  1. What is the subject of the proposed ebook ?
  2. Do I write the ebook myself or do I pay someone else to write it for me?
  3. What way am I going to use the ebook?
  4. How many pages should it have?
  5. What price should the ebook be?
The answers to the above questions are totally up to yourself but I will try to give you some pointers.

1. WHAT IS THE SUBJECT OF THE PROPOSED EBOOK?

The subject needs to be on a topic which is popular with customers in your niche.  There is no point in writing an ebook about cricket and the trying to sell it to your Golfing customers as the majority of them will have no interest in cricket.  If your niche is in Internet Marketing then pick a small part of that niche to concentrate on.

2. DO I WRITE THE EBOOK MYSELF OR DO I PAY SOMEONE ELSE TO WRITE IT FOR ME?

If the subject is something you personally know a lot about then write it yourself, if it is a subject about which you know a little but maybe not enough detailed information get someone else to write it for you.  Another point to conside is the time you have available to spend writing, could you put the time to more productive use, by this I mean is the time you spend writing the ebook going to cost you a loss of income from other parts of your business?

3. WHAT WAY AM I GOING TO USE THE EBOOK?

Some points to consider here are:
  • Am I going to give the ebook away in giveaways to build my list?
  • Will I giveaway a chapter to entice customers to buy the complete ebook?
  • Will I use the ebook as an upsell or OTO for another existing product?
  • Is the ebook going to be a standalone product or will it be part of a series of books?

4. HOW MANY PAGES SHOULD IT HAVE?

The answer to this is as many as it needs.  You may be able to cover all the information in 10 – 20 pages or you may need over 100 pages to completely cover everything.  A final answer will depend on your answers to the questions in number 3 above.

5. WHAT PRICE SHOULD THE EBOOK BE?

This is like asking “How long is a piece of string” the answer depends on the size of the finished product and the value of the information contained in it.  If there are similar products around check their prices and set yours in a similar range.  Again your answers to the questions in number 3 above will help you decide on final pricing.
In my following posts I will expand considerably on the above points and other things to think about when deciding to write an ebook.  If you would like to have this information sent to your email box then subscribe to comment notifications or to the RSS feed for this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment